I’ve mentioned before that I’m in a “women’s wellness” group that meets every other week. In our little group, we talk about our passions, focusing on the good, mindset, self-talk, self-love, and much more! Consistently meeting with women who really “set my soul on fire” has been such a gift. There are 4 of us in total and we are all different ages and in different seasons of life. They have become like mirrors for me and I absolutely love getting to learn and grow with them. We talk so much about the law of attraction and the notion of what you focus on expands. We call ourselves the “soul tribe” and like clockwork, every second Tuesday evening I find myself so uplifted by their beautiful spirits and souls.
Today, I wanted to share something that we touched on recently. You know those days where you feel completely out of WHACK!? Call it being far away from your relationship with God, the universe, off kilter, or whatever you relate to most!! I have really been paying attention to the moods I’m in recently and have been practicing noticing when I feel like I am “in the flow” or not. Do you know what I mean? For example, something happens in my business or personal life that really bugs me or throws me off. In the past, I might have focused on that negativity for the rest of the day or even carried it with me without knowing. These days, I’ve been practicing “coming back to my center” so I can remain positive and light while letting that sh*t go!! I’ve been practicing being more mindful of my inner monologue and what I’m telling myself.
In our group, we decided to come up with a list of things we can do to get back to that place of inner peace and calm. I’ve been calling it my “when shit hits the fan list” and today I wanted to share it with you! You can take this with a grain of salt and maybe create your own list if you find that to be helpful! So here is the list I keep with me in my iPhone notes to pull out when I’m feeling “off.” I might do all of these things to center myself or only one. It all depends on the day but having it ready is half the battle!
- Spend 5 minutes breathing. Use either the Simple Habit app or Youtube and practice a meditation I love.
- Pray. Ask God to center my thoughts around love and light.
- Get outside. Grab Murphy (my pup) and hit the road for a brisk walk! Even 5 minutes help.
- Stand. Step away from the screens, and have some silence.
- Call a girlfriend or my Mom to distract me.
- Make sure I am eating in a way that makes my body feel good and strong.
- Have enough snacks throughout the day.
- Don’t overdo the coffee!!!!
- Read my Jesus Calling devotional.
- Schedule a yoga class or Orange Theory workout! Get a good sweat to start or end the day.
- Visualize myself flowing through the day with ease.
- I say to myself via Gaby Bernsteins’s book The Universe Has Your Back “I see that I have chosen fear and I choose again, I choose love.” When I say the word love, I really feel what love feels like in my body and the positivite perspective and outlook it brings.
- Tune into my self-talk. How am I treating myself? Am I being kind to myself?
- Make dinner or hangout plans with a best friend.
- Grab my essential oils and rub them on my neck, wrists, & feet.
- Talk a “self-care” bath.
This list honestly can go on and on! The idea really is that I have a list of things that help to get me back to center. I keep this list in a journal I use daily and add to it whenever something new resonates!
I hope you guys like this idea. I would LOVE to hear some of the things on your list once you make it!!