I want to talk about some of my current favorite wellness practices that you can easily incorporate into your routines, if you aren’t already.
I love sharing wellness and health tips and tricks so I would love to also hear your favorite health hacks in the comments below!
So, here we go– here are some of my favorite wellness practices that I try to implement as much as possible.
1. SLEEP! When I don’t get enough sleep, I am an emotional roller coaster. Mix in a lack of sleep with a bit too much caffeine (often guilty of this) and you have a disaster zone. I feel my best when I’m getting at least 8, preferably 9 hours of sleep. I wish I could be one of those people who feels fine with little sleep. I am not and have come to accept that and plan accordingly. : ) My favorite way to unwind before bed is by having a cup of magnesium Calm Tea and a nice long epsom salt bath, preferably with a good book.
2. NO SCREENS! As a culture we spend so much damn time on our screens. Its crazy! Since the start of the new year, I’ve committed to not looking at my phone around waking and sleeping hours and I have to say it’s helped me a lot. Especially upon waking! When I wake up, I make it a point to not grab my phone first thing. Usually I’ll wait about 45 mins into the morning before reaching for that screen. I pray, meditate, have my bulletproof coffee and journal and typically walk my dog all without even a glance ay my phone. It really gives the nervous system a chance to wake up and allows your creativity to flow before being bombarded with what tasks you need to accomplish and what everyone else is doing on social media.
3. MAKE TIME FOR MEALS! As someone who used to struggle with an eating disorder, it baffles me that I was ever able to skip meals. The thought of not eating for more than a few hours now makes me cringe!! Something I try and do as much as possible now is prioritize my meals. We live in a culture that tells us that our work and what we accomplish should take precedent over taking the time to be mindful of what we put into our bodies. I HIGHLY disagree! I make it a priority throughout the day to make myself (at least) 3 nourishing meals along with countless snacks. The food we put into our bodies directly reflects how we feel, so fuel those beautiful bodies with the best stuff you can!! Some of my favorites; eggs, avocados, salmon, sushi, turkey, stir fry, chips & guac, the list goes on and on.
4. GREEN SMOOTHIE/ DAY! I know this information is literally everywhere, but I have to give my two cents on it. Even though the “green smoothie” is so common, it really is filled with amazing benefits. I try and have one per day to get in as many health benefits as I can. My smoothie consists of tons of Organic Spinach, Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides, a handful of berries or a quarter of a banana, unsweetened almond milk, Moon Juice Beauty Dust, Moon Juice Brain Dust, Moon Juice Sex Dust, a dash of Cinnamon, Bee Pollen, & Chia Seeds! I switch up the greens in this smoothie but Spinach my favorite.
5. WATCH THAT SELF- TALK! Self- talk is the voice in our heads that is constantly giving an opinion. Often times, this opinion can be very harsh. You know those days where you realize you just feel kinda crappy and you aren’t sure why? Well, I challenge you to tune into the way you are talking to yourself. If you notice that the voice in your head isn’t being very nice on a given day, the first step in changing those patterns of negativity is being aware. I’ve gone through big periods of time in my life where my self- talk wasn’t so good and have found a way out of it though being mindful of my thoughts. When I have a thought that maybe isn’t so nice, I have learned to counter that thought with a positive thought. Give it a try! Changing the channel on negative thought patters starts with awareness! <3
6. WALK! There are about 21862349 exercise routines being constantly marketed to us on any given day. This is great, but I think getting outside and going for a long walk is super underrated. I’m not talking about getting outside to go for a 9 mile hike, unless that’s what you want to do. From a wellness standpoint, why not go outside and walk for an hour in a scenic area. For starters it’s FREE! It’s also gentle on your body has AMAZING benefits for changing a mood. It sounds so damn simple, but every time I force myself to stop what I’m doing, get up and go for a power walk, I come back in a totally different frame of mind. Challenge yourself to move your body more (in a gentle way), you won’t be sorry! : )
These wellness practices may sound simple, but once implemented can positively affect your life in huge ways! Remember to give yourselves a little extra love today. It’s okay to skip a workout and go for a walk, it’s okay to prioritize when/ what your next healthy meal will be. You are worth it and you are enough, just the way you are!!
Much much love to you!
LuluLemon Crop Bra
Lululemon All The Right Places Pant
Vital Proteins Pasture-Raised Collagen Peptides
Women’s Nike Roshe Two Se Sneaker • Nike • $73.96
Bodyism’s Clean and Lean – Serenity Shake, 240g – one size • $60
Sex Dust by Moon Juice • $30
Moon Juice Brain Dust/1.5 oz. • $30
Beauty Dust by Moon Juice • $30
Dr. Teal’s Therapeutic Solutions 48 oz. Epsom Salt Sleep Soaking Solution in Lavender • Bed Bath & Beyond • Sold Out