My Look: | Sweater | Jeans (Similar) | Shoes | Purse
Time to get into this year’s resolutions. I was talking yesterday, over on IG Stories about how I love resolutions that are simple and have actionable steps. I find that this way, you can actually KEEP them without feeling totally and completely overwhelmed! For example, rather than setting a resolution to “lose weight” try to set a resolution (or goal) to incorporate “more green vegetables” into your diet. I also really like to set resolutions that sound positive rather than being scary or judgmental. I sort of feel like resolutions get a bad reputation because they seem like this huge looming task that doesn’t feel attainable. For this reason, I want to share some tips with you that I have for setting resolutions and actually keeping them. I’ll also share in this post some of my resolutions for 2018.
As far as setting resolutions, my number one tip is to WRITE THEM DOWN! This seems super simple, but really is quite effective and makes a difference. As someone who is very type A, I find that the minute I write something down, it becomes a task I can’t wait to accomplish! I also find that there’s something very powerful about putting words on paper. When you make the choice to write something down, you make a commitment to accomplish that goal. I love to get super specific with the goal such as “re-launch youtube channel and release a video on a bi-weekly basis” (this is one of my goals). The bi-weekly basis part of the resolution is the actionable step!
The second important tip I have for resolutions is where you store the resolutions after you write them down. For years, I would write out my resolutions and then the paper would get stuffed in the back of a notebook somewhere, never to be seen again. Then a few years ago, I decided that needed to STOP! For the the last two years, I’ve kept my resoltions right in front of me on my desk bulletin board. AKA every single time I’m typing at my computer I look up to see my 2018 resolutions/ goals list. It sounds simple but it reallllyyyy does help to get the ball rolling. It also allows you to check the progress on those resolutions all year long and to remember what your goals are throughout the work week. Keep those eyes on the prize! Again, these tips sound really simple but have proven to be effective these last two years.
Another one of my favorite things to do when writing out resolutions is to really imagine each resolution coming true when I write them down. I close my eyes and feel the feeling that the resolution coming true will feel like. Maybe that’s a feeling of extreme happiness or contentment? Whatever it may be, I love doing this and getting the resolutions rolling with some manifestation. If you believe that things will happen, and work as hard as you can do put those dreams into action, you align yourself with that dream coming true!
Now, let’s get into my personal resolutions for 2018! Here are some of mine that are pretty simple, yet are changes/ additions I plan on making in my personal life this year.
- Spend more time during the week with Dylan. I decided that this doesn’t only have to be for something fancy like a date night. A few days ago, my Mom’s friend shared with me something that she and her husband do. They have a coffee date every single day during lunch! Isn’t that adorable! While Dylan and I might not make it happen everyday, I am shooting for a once a week coffee date at a location near where we live. We might even walk our dog there!
- Get more steps in. In order to do this, I plan to walk the dog more and park further away from stores when I’m doing errands or grocery shopping! Every little step counts.
- Read MORE. I honestly am guilty of saying this every year. I typically will start out really strong and then tend to get sucked into a tv habit around the last few months of the year. #creatureofhabit!! Sometimes I honestly think tv is a great way to totally tune out and relax, but I DO want to spend more time reading this year.
- Take my skincare routine to the next LEVEL. 2017 was the first year where I really feel like I found a routine that balanced my skin and made it really happy. This year I want to continue product testing & improving my skincare game. Of course, I’ll be updating you guys along the way with the goodies I find!
- Get into bed EARLY, preferably before 10pm during the week. After traveling over the holidays, my schedule has been all out of whack. I’ve been staying up WAY too late!! A goal of mine for this year is to cook dinner earlier and in turn get into bed earlier during the week. I read somewhere recently that the best sleep you can get happens before 12am, so if you aren’t going to bed early enough you are missing out on those essential hours of rest!
Feel free to let me know if you guys want to see my 2018 business goals for the year! Honestly, 95% of my resolutions are about my blog/ business so I have a lot to share there, if you are interested!
What are your resolutions/ goals for the year? Are you going to start posting them above your desk to refer to them more often?? Let me know in the comments!